Wednesday, October 8, 2008

In the wrong place at the wrong time

I went back to see Dr. R this afternoon. There's a lot to say about that--including a new "official" diagnosis, new medications, new controversies to address--but right now I'm all out of spoons. I'll probably do a big write-up in the next day or so, depending on the spoon level. (In addition to the Major Illness, I've also finally caught the cold that's been going around. So I am even MORE FUN than usual.)

So instead of a medical update, I'll post something from Lewis Mehl-Madrona's Coyote Healing, which I've just started reading.

The Native American perspective is simple: When you are sick you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, and you have been heading in this direction for too long. Therefore you need to turn around; you need a new direction.


Shortly after this, Mehl-Madrona says that profound change is necessary. "Profound change means you must become a different person in some fundamental, recognizable, important way."

I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment