Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mission Accomplished

When I say "mission accomplished," well, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Nothing has been accomplished, but things are temporarily looking less nasty. Oh, what will I do for jokes once Bush leaves office? (Nothing--I'll be too busy dancing in the streets with the rest of the leftist pinko commie Seattlites. Unless McCain gets elected. In which case I'm sure there will be a very looooong line at the border heading into British Columbia. And I don't want to wait in traffic, so be sure to get out and vote for Obama, OK?)

Anyway, the die-off reaction seems to be subsiding a little. I'm still experiencing vertigo, nausea, aches, blah blah blah, but it's to a less severe degree. So I'm hoping that it will continue to subside and for a little while I'll just be normal-sick, instead of super-sick.

One thing I haven't mentioned before is that in the last week and a half or so, I've developed a superhuman sense of smell. I've always had a very sensitive nose, but recently it's been CRAZY. Nick smells. Like human. Even fresh out of the shower, I can hardly be close to him. And it's not just Nick. Everyone in the grocery store or on the street...they all smell of human. It's very unpleasant. Even my hairbrush made me gag, until I soaked it in bleach for an hour. Just walking down the sidewalk to the postal box is like an olfactory assault--every patch of dog urine, curbside recycling bin awaiting pick up, or slowly spoiling jack o'lantern--it's just too much.

I don't know why this is happening, but I hope it goes away. Quickly. Because it really, really sucks. And, no, I'm not pregnant, so that's not the cause.

Anyway, with all this going on, it's taken me a bit by surprise that Halloween is this Friday! I mean, I've been savoring the October weather (which has been surprisingly sunny here in Seattle), and the hint of magic in the air...this time of year it feels like the veil between the worlds is just a little thinner. It's my favorite time of year, and it all culminates in Halloween. Sadly, I don't know that we have any plans this year.

My illness makes advance planning very difficult. I never know if I'm going to have enough spoons. I'd love to attend a party or one of the big celebrations here in Seattle. I mean, it's not often that we get Halloween on a Friday night, so it's extra special! But I have no costume yet, and we may just end up passing out candy. But. I almost have a costume. Almost.

With just a few accessories, combined with clothes I already own, I could easily dress as Columbia or Janet (depending on what I want to do with my hair). I'd need some face paint, plus the gloves, boa, and garter (I've got the stockings), and I'd be good to go. Now if I could just get the appropriate matching clothes for Nick to go as Brad or Rocky, that would be fun. But I doubt that I'll find size 16 heels with this little advance warning. Sigh. If we just had another couple, we could all match and do the floor show on demand:



Happy Halloween, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment