Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Good and bad

First, the good! My generic Levaquin arrived from "Canada" today. I use the quotation marks because, although I ordered from a pharmacy located just across the border in Vancouver, B.C., my order was mailed from Germany. The boxes are dinged up and look a little scruffy, but the pills contain the same stuff as the expensive variety. So now I've got a little over three months' worth of Levaquin, which will cover the (expected) remainder of my bartonella treatment.

Now, the bad! One possible serious side effect of Levaquin is "associated with an increased risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture in all ages." So sayeth the Levaquin website.

In the past few days, I've been getting pain in my hands and in my right wrist, particularly while typing or other fine hand movements. It's very mild, and is possibly unrelated to the drug. However, I've informed my doctor and am monitoring the situation closely.

So here's hoping that I didn't just buy a bunch of medication that I later can't use.

No comments:

Post a Comment