Friday, March 27, 2009

Obligatory Update

It's been a while since I last updated, so I feel compelled to write something.

It's been a gloomy couple of weeks. The Bicillin doesn't seem to be doing much of anything, other than making my butt hurt. I haven't had a clear die-off reaction, but it could just be subtle this time.

I do know that I'm running (still) at about 20% of normal (where "normal" is how I used to feel, before I got sick)--on a good day. On a bad day I'd say I'm slipping down to 15% capacity. There have been more bad days than good.

I'm afraid that the Bicillin isn't going to cut it. That I'll spend six months and a few thousand dollars getting nowhere, and then have to go on IV antibiotics. I won't even go into the fear that IV antibiotics won't help, and that remission, to say nothing of a cure, will never come about.

On the bright side, I will hopefully be able to stop taking the Levaquin within a month or so. (I'd have to check my calendar for a more precise date.) Perhaps we will knock bartonella out of the picture, and then go hunting after other potential co-infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment