Monday, January 19, 2009

No Bicillin yet

ARGH! Stupid insuance company. Stupid pharmacy.

I've been trying to get my injectable Bicillin for about two weeks, and I keep getting punted from one party to another. (From insurance to one specialty pharmacy, to insurance, to a different specialty pharmacy, back to insurance.)

Now my insurance company is saying that IM Bicillin is not a "prescription" drug because it is always administered in a physician's office. My LLMD warned me that this might happen, and he'll need to talk to their medical director to explain that it really is cheaper for them to give me the drugs and inject at home, rather than pay for a office visit three times a week.

So, yeah, I'll probably get my prescription...eventually. But when? So frustrating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment