Friday, January 23, 2009

The weariness, the fever, and the fret

I feel as though I should write an update. My brain functions today, no small feat. My body, however...I feel it is failing. Bit by bit.

Tomorrow might be different. Some days I've got a mind that's weak and a back that's strong, while today I can think clearly(-ish) but can barely move from the bed. And then there's the spectacular combination of broken body and mind.

Ugh. I'm being dramatic. I should stop reading Keats. (Points to those who caught the reference in the title of my post.)

Anyway. I hear we have a new president. And that is a very good thing.

What else?

My insurance difficulties continue. The insurance company doesn't want to authorize more than ten days of Levaquin at a time. So every ten days I have to go down to the pharmacy and pay another $35 co-pay. We're working on the extended use authorization. Still.

And still the company refuses to accept that intramuscular injections of Bicillin can be administered at home. They classify the drug as an in-office procedure/injectable, and want me to go into the doctor for each shot. Which is, of course, ridiculous. They pay about $110 each time I see Dr. R (and I pay the remaining $90 or so). So they'd be paying at least $330/week plus the cost of the drug if I were to be injected in-office.

If I inject myself, a one month's supply of the drug is some like $650--of which I have to pay 30%. So clearly it is in everyone's best interest to have me inject at home. So my doctor is going to have to try to convince them of this, and hopefully I'll be approved to get my IM Bicillin sometime within the next century.

On an unrelated and positive note, I haven't had any further "spells" (possible seizures) since the forgetting-how-to-speak-English event. Except when I dream. Now I'm having seizures in my dreams. I've also started treating myself with Reiki in my dreams, so maybe it all evens out in the end.

My dreams are exceptionally vivid--they have been for years--to the extent that I'll do something in a dream and honestly believe I've done it in real life. Then I catch myself and realize, "No, wait, I've never done that." Anyway, it makes for interesting dream seizures.

Did I mention the new president? Because that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment