Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wheel of Symptoms

I've now been on Bicillin for two months/eight weeks. It seems like much longer, though not much has happened. Some of my neuro/cognitive symptoms have improved; it's been a while since I had a major episode, like forgetting how to climb stairs or speak English. And my word-finding difficulties are easing, I think. However, reading and concentration are still nearly impossible. I am daily thankful for my iPod and audiobooks.

Although a subset of the neuro/cognitive symptoms have improved, other symptoms seem to rise to take their place. It's like Lyme disease is this slowly turning wheel, turning from one symptom set to another. Currently, fatigue and a deadening malaise are my chief complaints. I feel flat. (And fat, but that's another matter.)

I see my doctor again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment