Friday, April 17, 2009

Tired of being tired

For the last two weeks, I've been getting IV glutathione (for a total of 4 IVs, as of this afternoon) in the hope that it would relieve some of my fatigue. And by "fatigue," I mean crushing, immobilizing, deadening fatigue. Last night I said that I felt like a zombie, but usually zombies have some motivation or purpose and keep shambling along until they get it. I, on the other hand, would be, like, "Hm, some brains would be pretty good, but maybe I'll just fall over on the sidewalk and all the other zombies can trip over my prone body but I'm too tired to care."

Anyway, zombies aside, I'm tired. And I'm tired of being tired.

Dr. R said that if I'm not showing some improvement by next Tuesday, then we will probably abandon the glutathione treatments. He also mentioned something called the Meyers' cocktail, which is basically an IV vitamin treatment. I'm not sure how much it costs, nor why it would be preferable to just taking the vitamins orally. (I only saw Dr. R in passing.) So I'd need to assess the cost/potential benefit. As always, if you search teh intarwebs for "Meyers' cocktail" you'll get reviews ranging from "it's quackery and does nothing" to "it will turn you into a superhero and Michelle Obama will give you her entire wardrobe and the bully from second grade will call you up out of the blue to apologize for making your life miserable when you were seven."

For now I wait. It's sunny and fairly warm outside, and this weekend it's supposed to hit 70 for the first time. I don't know what to do with myself. I feel like I should be doing something. I feel like I should want to be doing something. But at this point, I think even desire is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment