Friday, August 21, 2009

Le jardin

Today I finished amending the soil in my plot at the community garden. I also added some brick pavers to use as stepping stones. And then...I planted stuff!

Already started plants: lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, leeks, carrots.

From seed: two varieties of radish.

I also met a large sub-section of the homeless people who hang out in the garden. They were all very friendly and we chatted about what I was growing. The homeless/car-camper population in my neighborhood seems to have grown a lot over the past year, and I think it's important to maintain good relations with them. We all share this neighborhood, one way or the other. It's best done with respect on all sides.

Anyway, now I am very sweaty and sticky and dirty and tired. A shower, a snack, and a lie-down are in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment