Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas giving

I know I say something like this every year, but it bears repeating this year too.

As of Thanksgiving, I've been sick for a full two years. Two years of debilitating symptoms. Two years of putting life on hold. And, what hurts the most, two years of not being able to get out and volunteer for Vegan Outreach. Two years without leafleting college campuses, concerts, and festivals. I miss this joyful work. A lot.

This is where I ask you to help me. Instead of any Christmas present, I'm hoping that you'll donate in my honor to Vegan Outreach. You will be giving me the gift of activism, in addition to helping educate the public about compassionate choices we can make for animals.

And just to sweeten the deal, throughout the month of December, there is a $70,000 matching donation challenge. So whatever you give will be automatically DOUBLED through a matching donation! It's like you're getting a buy-one-get-one-free donation/present for me!

I'm telling you, if you do this, I'll think you're the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas all rolled into one beautiful package.

2 comments:

  1. I donated in your honor.

    I am trying to transition from vegetarian to vegan and the people in my life are being umm not exactly supportive. Its difficult and trying. That being said, I can't even image the struggles you are going through, and I hope all of the best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare-- Thank you so much! I wish you the best in your vegan transition! You rock!

    ReplyDelete