Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Victorious Day

See, I knew when I got all existential-angsty last night that I'd feel better today.

It was pretty hard to get up this morning. My body just would not cooperate. Finally I rolled out of bed, crawled into the hallway, and had Nick pick me up to standing. That major feat accomplished, I spent some time on the window seat with Juno, basking in the beautiful September weather. The sun was out and the breeze coming through the window had that hint of possibility that only seems to be present in spring and fall. It was such gorgeous day that, damn it, I was going to take advantage of it.

I informed Nick that he was going to take me out to breakfast at Cafe Flora and off we went. I think I was feeling pretty good because I'd forgotten to take my nystatin last night, and I refused to take my morning medications (including more nystatin and azithromycin) until after we got home, so if I ended up feeling sick I would have at least had a nice breakfast.

On a side note, I am looking forward to later this week when I stop taking the azithromycin. I don't know if it is contributing more to the die-off/side effect nastiness, or if it's the nystatin, but I'll be happy to have it over. Of course, then I start the diflucan the next day, and that will probably have its own set of problems.

Anyway, I managed to get a little gardening in this afternoon. I have to move pretty slowly, and at least half of the time was spent sitting in my lawn chair, but that's OK. I moved around a few plants that were looking unhappy and got my little back garden ready for some fall planting.

Unfortunately, I fear I hit my stopping point about 15 minutes before I actually stopped, and I hope I don't pay for this indulgence tomorrow. Still, tonight we eat tomatoes from my garden.

And since I'm writing about gardening and sometimes put myself out there as someone who might know something about it, occasionally I get basic questions like, "What's the difference between an annual and a perennial?"

And my ever-so-reassuring and knowledgeable answer will be: "In what respect, Charlie?"

No comments:

Post a Comment