Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Medication update

I'm feeling much better now that I've stopped taking the offending antibiotic. This is good (horribly gastrointestinal side effects going away) and bad (I think it was working to kill off the Lyme bacteria). I fear that the joint pain was a sign of a die-off reaction, meaning that the nasty little bastards were being killed. Which is good.

Still, I obviously can't take the antibiotic, and today Dr. R will probably have a new prescription for me.

I'm also going to meet with a new primary care physician in about thirty minutes. Stay tuned for the report! Hopefully she'll be cool about my Lyme treatment and about my being vegan. The latter is typically not a problem, especially once I prove to be more educated about vegan nutrition than most doctors. The former...well...there could be issues. (See the Lyme War.) But that's why I'm going to a holistic practice, so I think my chances are pretty good of finding someone open-minded and at least vaguely knowledgeable about Lyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment