Wednesday, November 19, 2008

No C. difficile for me!

I just got off the phone with the doc. My five-minute conversation cost me $75. We'll see if insurance will reimburse me any of it. Mind you, I don't blame my doc for charging me--he's got to make a living and he provides a very specialized service. It's just the whole health care system is totally screwed up, but that's a rant for another day.

My C. difficile test results were negative. Which means that the HORRIBLE DISGUSTING TERRIBLY AWFUL intestinal problems were likely a direct side effect of one of my new antibiotics, probably the Omnicef.

So now I'm going to start taking the azithromycin again, along with the Bactrim. If the HORRIBLE DISGUSTING TERRIBLY AWFUL intestinal problems return, we will know that the Bactrim is the culprit. If I do OK, then in two weeks, I'm supposed to start taking Ceftin (the replacement for Omnicef) and see what happens. Hopefully I'll be fine and dandy and unicorns and kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment