Saturday, February 28, 2009

I put a spell on you

Today I wasn't feeling great (big surprise), but I wanted to run to Fred Meyer and Walgreens to pick up a few things. The Ballard Fred Meyer, for those unfamiliar, is kind of like a super Wal-Mart. They're a full service grocery store, and the sell everything else from women's pajamas to furniture to fishing bait. So this store is big. And overwhelming. And very confusing to my spirochete-soaked brain.

So there I was, bumbling around Fred Meyer, when I realized that my left foot was kind of dragging instead of stepping forward. And that I had no idea why I was there or what I should do about it. I paused near the plumbing supply aisle and felt those little Rice Crispie snaps in my brain that mean I'm about to have one of my little "spells." Or, to be less quaint, what I think is a seizure.

So I got into gear. I hurried through the check out line and out to the car. I sat there for a minute, trying to figure out if I could make it home safely or not. Since we're only a few blocks away, I decided to try. I did make it into the garage, but that was about the end of the line.

I stumbled inside the house, leaning against the wall to drag myself up the stairs. "I think," I mumbled, "I need a little help." Nick came over at that point. I reached the top of the stairs, and tried to step into the living room unassisted. I nearly fell over; my left side was just not cooperating. Nick got me to the couch.

My speech capabilities at this point were...impaired. I can't really remember what happened in the next twenty minutes, but eventually I fell asleep for a couple of hours.

Fast living. Crazy fun.

16 comments:

  1. I'm not at all sure that JMG implies that risk-taking is inherently bad. We all take certain risks on a daily basis, after all. Exactly what's on the line? is one important question; the other being; Who will the consequences fall upon if the risk-taker has miscalculated?
    stop negative thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on with this article, I really think this website needs more attention. I'll probably be back to read more, thanks for the info.
    botox lip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading your thoughts, obviously you know what are you talking about! Your site is so easy to use too, I’ve bookmark it in my folder
    prostatitis relief

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    liver and kidney cleanse supplements

    ReplyDelete
  5. have read many blogs in the net but have never come across such a well written blog. Good work keep it up
    body sculpting system

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. Its amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often.
    Osteopath Chelmsford

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great style, it not easy job well don.
    Botox london

    ReplyDelete
  8. have read many blogs in the net but have never come across such a well written blog. Good work keep it up
    whitening teeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really loved reading your thoughts, obviously you know what are you talking about! Your site is so easy to use too, I’ve bookmark it in my folder
    back pain tampa

    ReplyDelete
  10. have read many blogs in the net but have never come across such a well written blog. Good work keep it up
    overlapping teeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. have read many blogs in the net but have never come across such a well written blog. Good work keep it up
    Invisalign

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your blog and very interesting information which i really like it.
    Guide To Mastering Your Emotions

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was another joy to see your post. It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Great stuff as usual...
    Natural libido supplements

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nicely presented information in this post, I prefer to read this kind of stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.
    insurance news

    ReplyDelete
  15. Health and body care is very are very important for life and that's why some medicine and some tips are specially design for health and body care.
    phlebotomy training

    ReplyDelete