Thursday, February 26, 2009

My heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains my sense

Possibilities: 1) I have a cold; 2) I am suffering from exhaustion due to exertion the last few days; 3) bad Lyme phase; 4) nasty herx reaction. Whatever it is, I'm not happy about it.

I can't seem to get enough sleep. I'm sleeping 12 hours a day, plus naps. The night sweats are hitting at around 4 AM and lasting until I get up. I know I should get out of bed and change clothes. But it's so cold that i don't want to move. My pajamas are damp with sweat, and I'm shivering under the blankets and my face is clammy and slick.

My chest feels as if something heavy is pressing down, and my head hurts, spinning in dizzy confusion. My hands ache, each joint a little pinprick of cold fire. I should also mention that my butt totally hurts from the injections. Dr. R said I have the classic "Bicillin walk," which I suppose is some kind of penguin waddle. I am walking comedy.

I could go on...muscle aches, stiff neck, sore throat, rolling nausea. The neuro symptoms are pressing in like a heavy mist, and I'm stumbling around like some kind of drunken zombie. The only good thing is that I can shamble towards Nick, moaning, "Brains...braaaaiiiinnnssss!"

Keats and zombies. At least I have diverse interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment