Saturday, February 7, 2009

Injection 3: The Reckoning

Unlike many other sequels I can think of (Saw II - V, anyone?), I think the Bicillin is gaining oomph with each dose. Today I got my third injection. Since my first shot last Tuesday, I've definitely been feeling worse--typical herx (die-off) reaction.

My symptoms have been amped up. The night sweats are back with a vengeance; in general, my body temperature regulation is all messed up. I'm freezing, then sweating, then shivering, then hot again. During the day I can just keep shedding or adding layers, but at night I'm trying to sleep and my jammies get cold and clammy. And then I can't sleep, but I'm freezing and don't want to get out of bed. Le sigh.

The roving joint aches are back, mostly in my neck and hands. And my back muscles are stiff, sore, and generally unhappy. This is typical of my upper back (has been for 10+ years), but now my lower back is getting in on the action. I think it's probably because I'm holding myself differently to balance out the pain of the injection site.

Did I just say pain at the injection site? Right. I was, indeed, overly optimistic that every shot would be as easy and relatively painless as the first. Since the medicine is released from the muscle slowly, it's kind of sitting there in a little clump for a while, and whenever I bump my hip against something...well...let's just say there's a little more cursing around the house than usual.

But despite all my complaining, this is (I hope) progress.

In other sequel-related news, today Nick and I had our Reiki 3: The Reckoning class. OK, so it's Reiki III, but everything sounds better when you add The Reckoning at the end, no? So now we have another option in our tool kit for healing, and that's always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment